Her name was shortened to 'Lady Anne' in 1933 by Colonel Gabriel, and it was under that name that she re-entered the List in 1940 when the Colonel was elected.
The Lady Anne was designed and built by William Fife for George Coats, the head of a wealthy Clydeside yachting family.


One of his motives was to win back the premier prize for the 15 Metre class yachts, won in 1911 by the German owned Paula II. Sadly for Coats, C. E. Nicholson was simultaneously designing the radical Istria, which carried all before her during the 1912 season.
However, after some fine tuning and modification, The Lady Anne came into her own, particularly in lighter winds, and eventually finished the season a close second. Further alterations to the hull and rig in the 1912 /13 winter kept her competitive, but Istria and her ilk were leading the way.

Altered yet again in 1913 to the so-called Marconi rig, the war intervened in the 1914 season before much use could be made of her.

However, whilst Nicholson's yachts proved to be fastest, Fife's yachts tended to survive, and The Lady Anne outlived all of her more fragile contemporaries.
After following so many of the metre classes to Scandinavia for the duration of the war, The Lady Anne returned to race under a reduced sail plan as a 14 Metre in the early 1920's. Later changed to a Bermudan rig she continued to race in the various handicap classes, and performed very creditably.

By the Second World War, she was enjoying a more restful life as a cruising yacht; at some stage having her lead keel removed, possibly for munitions, and she was also altered to a ketch.
By the late 1980's she was still sailing, located in Spain, and by 1990 she had been sailed up to the Hamble to await her restoration. By 1998 the process had begun in earnest. It proved necessary to renew practically the entire structure, as the original steel had corroded and caused extensive damage to all the planking. The forward end of the yacht had been rebuilt at some stage, and her long service had induced some distortion, so the hull was re-lofted and meticulously restored to the original shape. The interior was re-modelled for her new role, with the saloon to the original plans, and all the work was done with very careful reference to the original mouldings and style. Now with three guest cabins, and a fully fitted galley, she is intended to be used as a day racer and occasional cruiser.
She was re-launched on Wednesday 16th June 1999, and sailed with her 1914 rig restored a week later.
She is still (2018) raced on the classics circuit, including the Rolex Trophy.
Until she went abroad after Colonel Gabriel's time, her owners were:
- George Coats (1913-1916). Then, as the 1st Baron Glentanar, (1916 until his death in 1918).
- Ommund Braadland (1919-1920), of Ladegaardsejen, No 63, Stavanger, Norway, during which time the yacht was registered at Stavanger.
- John M Robertson (1921-1925), of 45 West Nile Street, Glasgow during which time she returned to being registered in Glasgow.
- P de G Benson, CBE, BSc (1926-1929), of 26 Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London, SW3.
- Jointly by Cecil R Dormer of 10 Bolton Gardens, London SW5, and Cyril M Wright of 'Ancora', Hutton Mount, Essex (1930)
- Colonel Sir Vivian Gabriel (1931-1950). He lived at Randon Farm, Mount Kisco, New York, USA when he bought her, but moved to 6 Charlton Gardens, London SW1 just before WWII, the time he was elected into the Royal Yacht Squadron.